We know that ceramic coating can be applied to many surfaces: cars, windshields, tires, motorcycles, etc. The list goes on and on. As summer is quickly approaching many begin to wonder if this wonderful paint product can protect their prized possession (your boat). Simply put, the answer is yes. Here’s what you need to know:
Can You Apply Ceramic Coating to Boats?
It’s no surprise that mother nature is extremely tough on boats. A combination of harsh sun, wind, debris, and high temperatures can wreak havoc on a boat’s paint. The good news is ceramic coating can be applied to boats and can help mitigate mother nature. This coating will create a hydrophobic coating that will repel UV rays and prevent salt from penetrating your boat’s paint.
How to Apply Ceramic Coating to A Boat?
If you have ever applied ceramic coating to an automobile you are in luck. For the most part, applying a ceramic coating to a boat should be very similar to applying it to an automobile.
An important step to set yourself up for success is preparation. If the boat is new the prep should be minimal as the surface should be relatively clean. If your boat has oxidation, stains, dirt, or old wax start with a degreasing bath. Once clean, we recommend that you perform a clay bar treatment to ensure that there is no additional debris on the surface. Attention to detail is important during the prep as this will determine how long the coating will last on your boat. Once this has been completed it is now time to apply your ceramic coating.
How Long Does Ceramic Coating Last on Boats?
While this isn’t exactly a cut and dry answer what we can say is depending on the brand you choose it can last up to 3 years. This of course could be less or more depending on the following factors:
- Is your boat stored in the water or dry?
- How many UV rays does your boat receive?
- How often do you use your boat?
With proper installation and care your ceramic coating can last for a very long time.
The Best Ceramic Coating For Boats
- 🔹 PROTECT AND ENHANCE NEW GEL COAT OR PAINT - What's new will be newer! What's old will be restored thanks to our special nano-ceramic particle mesh. It restores & enhances color, improves gloss and increases surface hardness, both lasting longer and providing more shine than regular wax.
- 🔹 SUPER HYDROPHOBIC LAYER REPELLS DIRT, WATER, STAINS & MORE - Combined with our lab-developed, field tested ceramic nano-tech, the ingredients of our Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating form an impermeable hydrophobic layer which wards off any dirt, water, UV Rays and other sources of corrosion.
- 🔹 18 MONTHS PROTECTION MAXIMUM - After you get your craft coated, you've got an easy 18 months of low-maintenance protection and shine, giving you more time to enjoy your boat than time to wax repeatedly. This boat ceramic coating solution is your ticket to a better ride for longer.
- 🔹 SO MUCH EASIER THAN WAX - With a single 50ml bottle of this Marine Ceramic Coating, you cover a 10 foot long boat with two coats. It lasts 18 months with close to no maintenance. Dirt wipes off, water doesn't corrode, UV Rays repell and you get more life out of your boat with less effort than wax!
- 🔹 FROM OUR LABS TO THE SEA AT LARGE - We were tired of regular old ceramic coating for cars. It just wasn't rugged and brilliant enough. After several years of laboratory research, we developed Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating. It's just plain better. Thanks science!
- ✅ TRUE GRAPHENE CERAMIC SPRAY COATING - In the car care industry, ceramic coatings and nano technology have become buzzwords and industry standards and although sometimes effective, these are not true “ceramic coatings”. They are silica infused products that behave like a coating. Adam’s has created the next evolution of ceramic coatings creating a legitimate spray graphene coating.
- ✅ PATENT PENDING CERAMIC GLOW TECHNOLOGY - Now with Patent Pending Ceramic Glow Technology , ceramic coating your vehicle has never been easier. Infused with UV tracers that activate with UV Blue Light, you can visibly trace your ceramic application & never miss a spot. When used with Adam's UV Flashlight, this coating allows you to see where the coating has been applied!
- ✅ EFFORTLESSLY COAT YOUR ENTIRE VEHICLE - Ceramic Spray Coating is an industry changing product that uses cutting edge technology to seal your paint! Using the most unique and user-friendly graphene chemistry on the planet, weekend hobbyists and detailing enthusiasts can easily add ceramic graphene protection to their exterior surfaces. This will be the most powerful addition to your professional car detailing wash kit or your arsenal of car cleaning supplies.
- ✅ GREAT FOR ALL EXTERIOR CAR SURFACES - Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating provides protection to an extreme range of areas on your vehicle. Painted Surfaces, Wheels, Glass, Headlights, Plastic Trim, Bed Liners, Tonneau Covers, Canvas Tops, Floor Mats, Chrome, Unfinished Metal— All are safe to be protected. As much as we want you to spray the entire vehicle at once, we strongly recommend that you go panel by panel to ensure a thorough application and control of overspray.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & USA MADE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings, microfiber towels, wash mitts, garage tools, accessories, detailing kits, sponges, applicators and other high-quality car cleaning products to our customers. If you don’t agree & are not satisfied, let us know and we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
Summary: Should I Get Ceramic Coating On My Boat?
Our vote is yes. Boats are not cheap and a small investment in ceramic coating can keep your boat protected and looking new for years to come. Hurry up and get it done in time for summer!